Sunday, April 29, 2007

For I know the plans I have for you

On 11 Feb 07, in bintan, Boon Yeow presented me with 2 verses. 1 of them was,

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

He did not have the bible reference, but promised to tell me when he found it. His answer came on 14 Feb 07, it was from Jeremiah 29:11. After some misunderstanding, I was told by my Pastor that the verse was for career.

I did not ponder or dwell too much about it. Forgot all about it too.

During this period, PJ told me about the working/holiday visa. I did my research, and decided to pursue further with the application. All this time, telling myself that I will not to go ahead with this visa if this was not God’s plan for me. I asked God constantly and seemingly did not get an answer. The period to prepare for this visa took me about 2 months. All this time, the application process was seemingly too easy to be true.

I got the visa on 2 April. Tendered on the same day. All this time still unsure and wondering if I was being willful and just going about my own ways and wants.

As with all farewells, comes sumptuous farewell meals. Tuesday is Holland Village day, Polin and I trooped down to Crystal Jade for dim-sum. Through our conversation and sharing, amidst tears and runny eyeliner, Polin reminded me that God’s plans are always for our good. She also shared that God loves talking to her in the toilet. Strange but true.. hehe…

Staying a little later than usual at work that same day, God also pop a verse as I sat on the office throne!

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

Of course I did not put 2 to 2 together, just felt assured and amused that God likes communicating with people in toilet! =)

I only found out that Jeremiah 29:11 is the verse I heard in the toilet 2 days later.

Voila…

This numbskull typing here was worried sick while seeking for confirmation when He already had my life planned. Even before the idea of a working holiday visa was ever presented to me.

Thank you, God for not giving up on me….

There you go, my life in a nutshell… *shrug shoulders*

No comments: