My 1st holiday during my holiday was 3.5 hrs bus ride away. I went to Exeter. South west of England. Anyway, the weather forecast for the weekend was pretty bad, since arrangements had been made, I went ahead nonetheless, besides Monday was a bank holiday. Public holiday for all. So it was a long weekend.
I arrived in Exeter around 9-ish in the evening, was greeted by my friend Amit, my host for the weekend. After dumping my bag, we took a walk to the quay for a drink. It was a lovely evening. Very serene and peaceful as we just chatted mindlessly by the river. Ok this river is way nicer than our long kang back home. Hehe. Maybe I am bias.
Dinner was pizza hut as everywhere was closed by 11pm. Ok, not dinner for me anymore, more like supper. Hehe, but nonetheless it was food. Junk food !!! hehe..
As forecasted, Sunday was raining all day. Woke up late and lazed around the house, reading Amit's books in the house and his Calvin and Hobbes comics. Amit has a treasury of Calvin and Hobbes which I happily entertained myself with. Ok I took naps in between reading and surfing the net as well. I am such a slob. Hehe.. but seriously, those tight knots on my shoulders which I used to have disappeared. Those knots which all the masseurs complained about were gone! I think I really needed this break from work! =)
The rain only relented in the evening when Amit and I ventured out to try to buy what was necessary. All the shops were closed as it was Sunday. So boring la.. felt like a dead town. Hehe. We bought groceries to cook dinner. I offered to cook some tikka masala dish with vegetables. Amit offered to cook rice which is just easy, which consisted of just throwing the rice into the microwave! Dinner turned out ok, cant really go wrong with a bottle of ready mix. =)
Since we were little bored, we decided to catch Pirates of the Caribbean at the cinema. The show was really quite bad. Especially I cannot remember to save my life how the 2nd part of the trilogy ended! And the most amazing thing happened in the middle of the show. There was a show interval of 15 mins! Oh man. It really reminded me of movie watching in Bangalore! Come on, it’s a normal movie la! Haha.. an interval in the middle was so bizarre.
The walk home after the show was a nightmare! It was raining sooo heavily and the winds were soooo strong I had to cling on to Amit for dear life as I was shivering like mad!!
Monday was a great day! The sun was out to play again! We left home to go for a HUGE breakfast! My favourite. Eggs with bacon, sausages, tomatoes, toast and baked beans. So yummy! Those who know me, know I love breakfast any time of the day! Hehe.. after that we took a walk by the river. The day was really beautiful…
After shopping around, I had to visit the Cathedral of Exeter. It was the attraction of that place. Just had to go and say I have been inside it!
Dinner was cooked by Amit this time. He made me Indian bread from scratch. Flour and all! So touched! And it was really delicious too! No kidding! And he forced me to try his home-made pickle which was pretty nice la.


After dinner we went for another long walk to digest all the food we had. Soooo full la! Hehe.. all the bread! This time, we went to this place called Mill by Exeter. It was a really nice place. It was next to a dam thingy, nice cool weather, with goose running amok and a nice half pint of strongbow cider. It was a delightful end to my short holiday in Exeter.

I arrived in Exeter around 9-ish in the evening, was greeted by my friend Amit, my host for the weekend. After dumping my bag, we took a walk to the quay for a drink. It was a lovely evening. Very serene and peaceful as we just chatted mindlessly by the river. Ok this river is way nicer than our long kang back home. Hehe. Maybe I am bias.
Dinner was pizza hut as everywhere was closed by 11pm. Ok, not dinner for me anymore, more like supper. Hehe, but nonetheless it was food. Junk food !!! hehe..
As forecasted, Sunday was raining all day. Woke up late and lazed around the house, reading Amit's books in the house and his Calvin and Hobbes comics. Amit has a treasury of Calvin and Hobbes which I happily entertained myself with. Ok I took naps in between reading and surfing the net as well. I am such a slob. Hehe.. but seriously, those tight knots on my shoulders which I used to have disappeared. Those knots which all the masseurs complained about were gone! I think I really needed this break from work! =)
The rain only relented in the evening when Amit and I ventured out to try to buy what was necessary. All the shops were closed as it was Sunday. So boring la.. felt like a dead town. Hehe. We bought groceries to cook dinner. I offered to cook some tikka masala dish with vegetables. Amit offered to cook rice which is just easy, which consisted of just throwing the rice into the microwave! Dinner turned out ok, cant really go wrong with a bottle of ready mix. =)
Since we were little bored, we decided to catch Pirates of the Caribbean at the cinema. The show was really quite bad. Especially I cannot remember to save my life how the 2nd part of the trilogy ended! And the most amazing thing happened in the middle of the show. There was a show interval of 15 mins! Oh man. It really reminded me of movie watching in Bangalore! Come on, it’s a normal movie la! Haha.. an interval in the middle was so bizarre.
The walk home after the show was a nightmare! It was raining sooo heavily and the winds were soooo strong I had to cling on to Amit for dear life as I was shivering like mad!!
Monday was a great day! The sun was out to play again! We left home to go for a HUGE breakfast! My favourite. Eggs with bacon, sausages, tomatoes, toast and baked beans. So yummy! Those who know me, know I love breakfast any time of the day! Hehe.. after that we took a walk by the river. The day was really beautiful…
After shopping around, I had to visit the Cathedral of Exeter. It was the attraction of that place. Just had to go and say I have been inside it!
Dinner was cooked by Amit this time. He made me Indian bread from scratch. Flour and all! So touched! And it was really delicious too! No kidding! And he forced me to try his home-made pickle which was pretty nice la.
After dinner we went for another long walk to digest all the food we had. Soooo full la! Hehe.. all the bread! This time, we went to this place called Mill by Exeter. It was a really nice place. It was next to a dam thingy, nice cool weather, with goose running amok and a nice half pint of strongbow cider. It was a delightful end to my short holiday in Exeter.
To Amit! Thanks for EVERYTHING! I really enjoyed myself. Thanks for the marks too! I will remember them and get back really soon! =)
for more pics
1 comment:
You are really enjoying life! Good for you!
Post a Comment