I spent my 1st weekend of 2008 in Weymouth, South West of England. I was invited by Ben to Weymouth as he longed wanted to show me around his home town! I am so glad I went. it was quite a rushed trip, with looking for train tickets and then going on a morning train on Saturday. but it was all worth it really. catching up with ben and being introduced to his family.
Spent Saturday afternoon at home and lost a few games of chess to Ben. I can never win him in any games. hiaks! fed up! =P then we decided to start a bonfire to amuse ourselves. ended up with a successful bonfire. but smelling like 1 too! had to clean up before we headed out for drinks with Nick, Ben's bro and Shawn, Ben's long time school friend.
We started with a couple of drinks at the King Arms bar and played many rounds of pool before heading to an Indian restaurant for a quick dinner. when i say quick dinner, i mean QUICK. we were in and out of that place within 1 hour! cuz we did not wanna pay for parking. haha. so silly. I was not really paying attention to the guys when they were talking about the carpark. if i had knew, i would have just paid the 50 pence! haha. oh well.
after dinner we went to another bar and ended up playing table soccer and chat the entire night. we only got home around 1am.
Sunday was spent walking and exploring the entire Weymouth, which was quite nice really. the Beach, the harbour, Nothe Fort. Had some nice fish and chips before we ended up at Nick's place. This is where i introduced Nick to the world of msn and facebook and i reckon Nick and I will be in touch soon! =)
Driving back home to Ben's place, Ben cooked pasta for dinner. We had such a good time sitting around talking over dinner and coffee. =) It was really cosy!
The night ended with Ben, Rosemary and I playing a round of Scrabble. Of coz Ben won! I cannot recall the last time i played Scrabble, it must have been at least 20 yrs ago. *gulp* i am old!
Monday came too soon as i traverse 3hrs back to london to go to work! oh well. at least i had a nice weekend. for that i am grateful!
For more pictures of Weymouth, click on the link below.
No comments:
Post a Comment