
double click on the pic to see me on the right, and my profile is on the left bottom corner! but you probably cannot see it.. anyway, only half the stuff on it is true!!
Let me show you why
Yi-Leen Koh 28, Financial Advisor (wrong! me Associate), Canary Wharf (wrong! me London Bridge)
"London is a fantastic place to live in and a great city forpeople to make the most their career and make something of themselves." (wrong! i din say this at all!)
"I am a typical Singaporean who possess a natural Singaporean trait - the Kiasu characteristic. Kiasu means, quite literally, frightened to lose. This term can additionally be used to mean the fear of being last or left behind." (half correct!)
This was what i sent to them...
"May I present myself to you! I am a Singaporean girl (not to be associated with the glamorous SIA girls in sarong. it would be a tad hard to run in that actually!), 28 years old and in the midst of trying to train up for the JPMorgan corporate run.
Why should I be chosen? Simply because I am a typical Singaporean who possess a natural Singaporean trait. The KIASU trait. Kiasu, which means literally, 'Afraid to lose'. This term can also be used to mean the fear of being last or left behind.
Shamelessly speaking, I'm a kiasu Singaporean who would love to do my dear Singapore proud - by not coming in last. I hate to say this, but I truly LOVE Singapore since I left her 411 days ago. I would love to be considered to run for this Run. =) "
ok... always remember to read what you read with a HUGE pinch of salt.
1 comment:
Had a good laugh!
Post a Comment