
Marvellous Musical! wait a minute... it was not just a musical. its a musical and a BALLET!
Jon and I went for Billy Elliot on thursday (27 aug) at the Victoria Theatre. we paid 40 pounds for it. Thanks to Jon who sussed out some half price ticket deals. The seats were good. 2nd floor and we could see the entire stage and not just the top of the heads of the actors! ha.
The usual musical would have people just singing and dancing a little, but because its Billy Elliot with his ballet moves, we were treated to a fabulous dancing display. Ballet, tap-dancing, Billy flying around with cable lines attached. it was simply great. The stage backdrop was quite clever as well. I did not come out of the theatre humming to any particular songs, but i have to admit some of the pieces when they were singing were pretty catchy. But when i saw Billy flying around on cable, I wanted to shout out. ' I want! I want!' haha...
oh Billy's good friend, Michael was such a laugh in the show as well. His cross-dressing and dancing moves and singing. He was as much as a star as Billy in his own right.
Billy's grandmother was pretty hilarious as well. especially when she came out in her tutu to dance with the cast!
Billy's dance teacher, Mrs Wilkinson with her school of little ballerinas were pretty impressive too. Prancing around.
No, I did not cry during the scene when Billy was reading his letter from his mother as Lenny did. =) But it was nonetheless pretty touching. =)
so there you go.... Billy Elliot. fabulous!
Lessons learnt after watching Avenue Q, Spamalot, Billy Elliot and Boeing Boeing in London.
- never stinge on the tickets. make sure they good seats to fully enjoy and appreciate the show.
- read up on the show before watching it as sometimes it might be a little difficult to catch what they are singing.
Next up.... Probably Wicked and The Lord of the Rings.
No comments:
Post a Comment