Saturday, June 28, 2008

Nike Plus Run!


Ladies & Gentlemen! I am representing Singapore to run in the Nike+ race in London!

I'll represent Singapore and take part alongside 22 runners from all over the globe at the Nike Plus Human Race at Wembley on 31 August 2008!!!

It will be 10km run! I was not going to take part in it. but Jason did and was selected to represent Taiwan. He then got a mail from the organiser that a Singaporean dropped out and they were looking for a replacement. So yours truly wrote in and was selected! hahahaha... I had to do a little write up as to why I should be chose to represent Singapore! Below was what I wrote...

'I believe you are looking for a Singaporean runner currently?

May I present myself to you! I am a Singaporean girl (not to be associated with the glamorous SIA girls in sarong. it would be a tad hard to run in that actually!), 28 years old and in the midst of trying to train up for the JPMorgan corporate run.

Why should I be chosen? Simply because I am a typical Singaporean who possess a natural Singaporean trait. The KIASU trait. Kiasu, which means literally, 'Afraid to lose'. This term can also be used to mean the fear of being last or left behind.

Shamelessly speaking, I'm a kiasu Singaporean who would love to do my dear Singapore proud - by not coming in last. I hate to say this, but I truly LOVE Singapore since I left her 411 days ago.

I would love to be considered to run for this Run. =) '

hehe, I had to write this random introduction in like 10mins as I had Jason literally screaming down the phone to get me to join. Anyway, I will be getting a free pair of Nike shoes and running clothing for this. I believe there will be a photo taking session as well?? hehe...

I have been dragging my feet (literally) with training for the JP Morgan 5.6km run on 10 July. I guess this Nike+ event will give me some motivation to get off my fat arse to do some serious running around!

hmmm. those Nike+ sport bands and Nike+ Ipod Sports kit looks so good. I might have to buy them to motivate myself further! hehe.

I am just over the moon about this.

I have been seriously blessed! I wrote into the RedBull Flugtag and got 4 free tickets. I wrote into the Canada Day concert in Trafalgar Square and I got 2 free tickets (Deirdre is coming to this one on 30 June) and now this! Nike+ with free shoe and outfit to boot!

I think i need to take part in more of such competition!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

weiweiwei my dear, i'm soooo proud of you!!!! Do they have any official website that I could see your face there or they'll put up live broadcast?? I'll cheer for you from the other side of the continent!! Go go go....

^Mandee^