I signed up for the Standard Charted City Marathon only yesterday as i had thought the Standard Chartered run was the same distance as Singapore's - 10km. It turned out that it was only 5km.
Since J & Z signed up for it, I was urged and i put my name forward as well. So I did, but I was a back up runner just in case anyone pulled out as all the names were filled. Anyway, i brought my kit and hope not to be chosen! hehe. actually my legs were a little achy after i went for a 5km run yesterday... yah yah, so hard working huh? hehe. let's see how long my enthusiasm last!
so I have now done the 2 races i did in Singapore within a week! i am impressed! haha.
Oh the funniest thing - The entire day, the weather was all grey with bits of drizzle. It was drizzling and windy before we started our race. But the point is, the boys (J&Z) were so worried about the weather - saying that it should be cancelled!!. i was like for goodness sake, be a man!
Z asked what happens if he catches pnuemoina (not sure of spelling!) and die.
J said he was afraid of the acid rain which would cause him to lose his hair!!!
B and I were like - 'What is wrong with these guys? hang on a minute... What's wrong with these GIRLS???!!!!'
but all 4 of us have been good and all gamely ditched our old ways of chocolate snacks for tea and opt for gym and running around and trying to eat healthier! hehe. Guess its good motivation and its an unconscious thing we are doing. all good i say. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment